PressureTuner is a real time downhole pressure measurement service based on highly robust and cost effective downhole monitoring technology solution.
The downhole pressure monitoring system is used to tune your dewatering strategy by measuring downhole pressure which delivers more gas by decreasing the hydrostatic head, increases production uptime by protecting the pump, and protects the reservoir by allowing controlled drawdown of the reservoir. The PressureTuner solution delivers the lowest cost and most reliable measurement system on the market, custom-designed for coalbed methane production optimization activities.
- Allows water levels in coal wells to be accurately monitored and optimized on a continuous basis
- Data can be used to ensure operation of the Artificial List Services (ALS) system is maintained within pre-defined limits, minimizing pump ware, and in so doing prolonging pump life
- Data from can be handed-off to third party Variable Speed Drive (VSD) controllers, enabling operation of ALS systems to be adjusted automatically to minimize flowing bottom hole pressure and thus optimize well productivity
- Monitor critical well pump down operations during initial well unloading, or following any well shut-ins, to ensure no surging of water and gas into the wellbore. minimizing risk of coal fines and other solids mobilization, which can otherwise increase completion skin through plugging of fractures and/or perforations
- Comparing bottom hole pressure data with other surface and ALS pump parameters aids diagnostics of well and completion performance problems as well as to refine pump size selection for use in future well workovers, identify pressure bottlenecks and optimize extent of surface compression required
- Reservoir Engineers can extract meaningful trends from the bottom hole pressure data that, in conjunction with surface measurements of water and gas rates, could be used to validate reservoir models through history matching